IT Finance Analyst
City of London
Up to £55,000 per annum
Ideal for a part qualified accountant looking for the next step at a progressive, flexible business, this role will assist in the control all IT finances incurred by the IT cost centre budget holders through performing and maintaining processes to control payments.
The role will also be responsible for providing accurate reporting and analysis of all project and BAU IT spend across European Operations
Strategy and Planning
* Provide input into, and support the implementation of the IT Function's strategy, technology vision and objectives, contributing to the preparation and implementation of team plans to ensure key information is considered
* Support the business planning process across IT, including the production of budgets and re-forecasts, to ensure all requirements and targets for cost management control are incorporated
* Provide financial details to the Lead Vendor Manager to support the production of supplier strategic account plans
Policy, Process and Procedures
* Support and provide financial advice to the Lead Vendor Manager to assist in the management of the IT department's affairs, including identifying opportunities for supplier rationalisation and cost reduction.
* Review and monitor cost centre expenditure to ensure IT costs are kept within budget limits and to highlight overspend trends.
* Provide advice and support to the IT Cost Centre Managers to facilitate effective budgetary control and decision making
Environmental Awareness/Customer Focus
* Build strong working relationships with cost centre managers order to ensure the required level of cooperation and support is achieved and maintained.
* Build networks with other key internal stakeholders and external suppliers, as necessary to promote and support effective vendor management.
* Liaise with managers and suppliers to ensure consistent, timely and accurate reporting of IT financial information
* Support senior management in the preparation and analysis of budgets, costs, forecast and supplier category spend for use in ad hoc projects and initiatives
* Provide support to the vendor managers and cost centre managers to enable them to carry out their regular supplier spend forecasting accountabilities effectively
* Monitor cost centre key performance indicators and deliverables to ensure accurate monitoring of the overall performance of the IT
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
* Good understanding of financial management practices and processes, including accounts payable, balance sheets, reconciliation processes, postings to the general ledger, etc.
* Thorough knowledge of financial reporting and controls in an IT and / or project environment
* Understanding of Project Delivery, IT and Supplier Management functions
* Proven experience of managing the key controls of a cost centre
* Proven experience of working with people in a line and matrix environment
* Part or fully qualified professional accountancy qualification preferred
* Advanced Excel experience
* Stakeholder management and communication