£50,000 per annum
The focus of the role will be leading the Management Accounts team, whilst also leading the management accounts process for European entities and supporting regional finance were required.
This will involve providing financial & commercial performance analysis to senior stake holders, maintaining a robust financial control environment, co-ordination and delivery of timely reporting in line with applicable accounting standards, timely completion of management accounts and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
This role will give you the opportunity to work alongside regional directors, senior members of the sales force in addition to department heads throughout the operations and support functions You will be a confident individual with strong communication skills.
* Contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by monitoring and reporting variances to budget
* Lead and manage a team of 5 management accountants, ensuring their continued high performance, conducting quarterly appraisals and setting bonuses.
* Preparation of the Italy entity management accounts and reporting packs to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time
* Manage the Italy entity audit process and preparation of financial statements and corporate tax returns in conjunction with professional service advisors
* Assist with the review process of monthly management accounts packs across the Group.
* Continuous development of the monthly accounts packs to ensure they provide relevant analysis and commercial commentary for Regional Sales Directors.
* Develop and maintain financial systems and processes to implement best practice and efficiencies - being a key contributor to the Group's ongoing Finance Transformation Project.
* Manage external relationships with international professional service suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the business
* Implementation and ensuring Group compliance of balance sheet reconciliations.
* Oversee progress on all international audits conducted by the management accountants.
* Manage the Italian entity indirect tax requirements (including sales tax, withholding tax, payroll taxes) in conjunction with professional service advisors
* Involvement in ad hoc project work to ensure the continuous improvement of internal controls, finance transformation and processes across the finance department.
* Support the Financial Controller with projects relating to the incorporation of new international companies and set-up of the financial processes of those companies both within the shared service and with local service providers.
* Support the Commercial Finance team with the preparation of quarterly & annual forecasts
* Support the Treasury team with cash requirement forecasts to meet payment obligations
* Support the Payroll department with review of consultant commission calculations
* Great role for a technically astute qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with necessary industry experience
* Proven track record in finance transformation
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
* In depth technical accounting knowledge gained in a global environment
* Work in an autonomous role where you can manage your own working day with a high degree of responsibility
* Strong organisation, communication and presentational skills
* Strong leadership skills
* Exposure to SAP By Design accounting software package or ERP system.
* Previous industry experience desirable.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company who can offer long term career and development opportunities.