Our client is one of the leading players in branded FMCG, and due to a reorganisation they are looking to strengthen their team by appointing a Finance Manager to manage the financial and management accounting functions for the Division.
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Finance, you will be fully responsible for managing the day-to-day accounts function across the division, managing a direct reporting team of 3 people. In addition you will be required to support the board in special projects, identifying opportunities for further investment to drive out cost.
The role will include:
* Business partner the business unit senior management team
* P&L ownership for end-to-end performance of the business unit, including impact on the P&L
* Leading the planning and forecasting processes for the Business Unit, ensuring reliability and accuracy of the plans and forecasts delivered to deadlines
* Attend and lead regular performance reviews with senior stakeholders to review cost performance vs plan, strategic initiative delivery and overall P&L performance
* Drive consistent and clear reporting on a weekly and monthly basis to show true underlying performance vs plan and forecast (including currency impact, volume changes, cost inflation, claims, waste)
* Weekly review of costs v forecast, with product cost prices adjusted weekly to ensure accuracy
* Develop a deep understanding of the key accounting systems - and project manage any system developments specific to the Business Unit
Who we are looking for:
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant preferred (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) although candidates qualified by experience will also be considered
* Industry experience in commercial or operations finance
* Ability to build strong relationships across the business
* Hands on, detail-oriented
* Working knowledge of core accounting systems e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, and performance management systems such as Anaplan
The package includes a generous basic and performance driven bonus, Car allowance Health care and other executive benefits.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary details and notice period.