£85,000 per annum
In addition this role will be a day-to-day focal point on reporting deliverables across Finance and work in collaboration with the Head of Financial Reporting to lead a high performing, agile finance team.
We take a lot of pride in what we do and our sights are always set on achieving the best. If you are the same, this role could be a good match. You will focus on servicing the Group level financial reporting and form close working relationships with the wider Finance team.
* Manage a small team responsible for the Group's corporate centre financial reporting
* Produce high quality financial statements and other internal and external reporting, supported by appropriate analysis, of all relevant corporate centre legal entities.
* Review & maintain a robust financial control environment with regular monthly risk & control reporting including implementing enhancements as required.
* Assume full responsibility for share-based compensation accounting for the Group and related intercompany re-charges and BMA filings.
* Own the forecasting and budgeting of corporate centre legal entities and their associated cashflow/recharging requirements.
* Streamline and automate finance processes, leveraging technology or other enablers.
* Support ad-hoc finance projects ( eg IFRS17) and other group reporting requirements to ( eg Solvency II, rating agency submissions, other statistical data requirements).
* To drive a culture of excellence in Financial Control in Group Finance
* Fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with post qualified experience.
* Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, insurance specialist accountancy firm or multinational company.
* Strong financial acumen.
* Very good technical and financial reporting knowledge (IFRS, Companies Act).
* Proficient in the use of Oracle and Microsoft Office suite of applications.
* Experience with the preparation and presentation of financial forecasts and reports, an asset.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management and other stakeholders.
* Strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative and work without supervision.
* Willingness and ability to work additional hours as required, in order to achieve business objectives.
Reporting Relationships/ Interactions
* Reports to the Head of Financial Reporting & Control.
* Maintain constructive and supportive professional relationships with all senior members of the business unit finance teams and members of the Finance Senior Leadership team.
* Line management of Group Investment Accountant and Group Reporting Accountant.
You will only be required in the York office 2 days a week, with the rest of the role fully remote if preferred!