You will need excellent understanding of financial reporting processes & control, technical accounting (IFRS) and the production of company financial statements and regulatory returns.
Reporting to the Head of Group Reporting and Control, this role will support the production of high quality and robust financial, management and regulatory reporting (IFRS, Group Regulatory Reporting)
In addition the Financial Controller will be a day-to-day focal point on reporting deliverables Hiscox Finance and work in collaboration with the Head of Financial Reporting and Control to lead a high performing, agile finance team.
We take a lot of pride in what we do at Hiscox and our sights are always set on achieving the best. If you are the same, this role could be a good match. You will focus on servicing the Group level financial reporting and form close working relationships with the wider Finance team, as well as the Finance Directors and Controllers across all business units.
* Manage a small team responsible for the Group corporate centre financial reporting
* Produce high quality financial statements and other internal and external reporting, supported by appropriate analysis, of all relevant corporate centre legal entities.
* Review & maintain a robust financial control environment with regular monthly risk & control reporting including implementing enhancements as required.
* Assume full responsibility for share-based compensation accounting for the Group and related intercompany re-charges
* Own the forecasting and budgeting of corporate centre legal entities and their associated cashflow/recharging requirements.
* Streamline and automate finance processes, leveraging technology or other enablers.
* Support ad-hoc finance projects ( eg IFRS17) and other group reporting requirements to ( eg Solvency II, rating agency submissions, other statistical data requirements).
* To drive a culture of excellence in Financial Control in Group Finance
* Fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with post qualified experience.
* Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, insurance specialist accountancy firm or multinational company.
* Strong financial acumen.
* Very good technical and financial reporting knowledge (IFRS, Companies Act).
* Proficient in the use of Oracle and Microsoft Office suite of applications.
* Experience with the preparation and presentation of financial forecasts and reports, an asset.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management and other stakeholders.
* Strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative and work without supervision.
* Willingness and ability to work additional hours as required, in order to achieve business objectives.