Financial Reporting Manager
£60,000 per annum
An employer who puts their people first, my client has an outstanding culture and prides themselves on their flexibility, in addition to providing second to none progression opportunities and the opportunity to develop into a mutlitude of finance areas.
The aim of this role is to act as an owner of the monthly ledger close process, external financial reporting for all controlled entities and primary owner of the external audit relationship.
Primary focus of this role is the delivery of the audited sets of financial statements approved by Audit Committee and Board in line with the half-year/year end timetable. The role will give you the opportunity to interact with senior stakeholders across the business to Chief level.
What You'll Do
* Sourcing, analysing and consolidating financial information to the relevant senior management and governance bodies.
* Develop and manage key relationship with both internal and external customers. Ensuring clear communication with relevant stakeholders to determine customers' requirements and priorities.
* Own key deliverables, applying specialist expertise to deliver an efficient and effective approach with strong controls and resilient processes. Activities include but not limited to:
- External financial reporting.
- Liaison with external auditors and preparation for audit committee papers.
- Finance controls and structured reporting processes including maintenance of appropriate governance
- Managing the financial accounting team in key periods half year and year end to ensure key deadlines are met
- Reviewing and interpreting data to ensure reporting requirements are met and delivered accurately and on a timely basis
* Proactive approach taking personal ownership for own deliverables and processes, making continuous improvements and taking accountability for all aspects of first line risk management for deliverables.
* Manages the development and maintenance of effective and efficient processes and systems; driving innovation through the identification and implementation of opportunities to streamline and automate processes.
* Lead, develop and motivate a team of Assistant Accountants.
How You'll Do It
* Accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or equivalent (Min of 3 years PQE).
* Deep understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and companies act requirements.
* Strong external reporting experience, preferably gained from working in a similar size financial services organisation.
* Experience of leading the audit process and preferably experience of writing technical audit papers.
* Highly numerate and capable of digesting and interpreting technical information and relay this back to key stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
* Rigorous, methodical and well organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver to deadlines.
* Strong commercial acumen and have an insight of the external market.
* Good people leadership skills, with the ability to develop and inspire your team to be the best they can be every day.
* Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to converse effectively with senior stakeholders.
* Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise.