An ever expanding and employee progression Fire Safety company are seeking a Laboratory technician to work at their UKAS Accredited Fire Test and Research Laboratory.
The successful candidate will be working within the companies Standards Testing Department, conducting destructive testing on building materials and fire suppression system components.
Job role / duties
* Booking in and processing test samples
* Recording and processing data on time in line with laboratory good practice.
* Working with clients to provide accurate reporting of results & receiving technical enquiries.
* Assist with operation of safety systems for the execution of fire testing and research.
* Comply with scheduled assignments.
* Undertake appropriate training and personal development.
* Promptly identify problems and report immediately to the responsible manager.
* Undertake equipment maintenance and consumable stock control, where applicable.
To be considered for this role, you must:
* Possess GCSE in a Technical Subject, Maths and English Language, City & Guilds NVQ Level 3, HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
* Demonstrate hands-on practical ability/aptitude. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is able to show basic skills in mechanical engineering, construction or similar disciplines such as vehicle maintenance, plumbing, domestic electrical installation etc.
* Demonstrate knowledge of safe working practices related to operating machinery.
* Computer literate knowledge of Word, Excel and email/web and ability and willingness to learn new software packages for datalogging and video editing.
* Ability to operate and adapt workflow to suit rapidly changing needs.
* A willingness to learn and develop is essential.
* Previous experience of laboratory work.
This is an opportunity to join a motivated workforce carrying out practical work that is valued by a wide range of clients. The work is varied and will include recording of detailed test results, data and video processing and practical tasks like bricklaying, pipe fitting and monitoring test fires, equipment maintenance and fire test clear up.
This is a 'high visibility jacket' laboratory rather than a 'white coat' laboratory and the successful candidate should be happy to work outdoors and occasionally work at height or in a confined space.
* Salary - £45,000-60,000 experience dependent
* 25 days holiday
* Company car allowance
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Buying and Selling Annual Leave
* Gym Membership Scheme
* Pension: Standard 6% Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
* Excellent working life balance
If you are a Fire Risk Assessor considering your career opportunities then please contact Gavin Bray at Brandon James
01628 367 050
Fire Safety Lab Technician | Birmingham | NEBOSH | Fire Safety | Fire Safety Team | Fire Safety Laboratory Technician