Job title: Food & Beverage Assistant - Breakfast and Evenings
Salary: £9.11 per hour
Hours: Flexible working, evenings and breakfast shifts over 7 days – temp to perm position
General Scope and Purpose
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Food & Beverage Assistant to join an exceptional Team at the Hilton Garden Inn Abingdon.
You will need to be customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
To assist with the service of our guests, thus ensuring all guests receive efficient, professional service always, thus satisfying their needs.
· To have a good knowledge of the preparation and service of all dishes on the menus and product lists.
· To serve all guests in accordance with standards laid down.
· To ensure mise en place is completed before service to the standard laid down.
· To ensure tables are set and cleared to the Company standards.
· To provide attentive service during the meal and watch for special requests.
· To assist in the general cleaning of your working areas.
· To take every opportunity to upsell – desserts, starters, drinks etc.
· To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
· To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to security procedures laid down.
· To attend work consistently well groomed, in uniform, as laid down to the standard required.
· To be fully aware of and observe current liquor licensing laws.
· To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to cash and key procedures laid down.
· To consistently deliver superior customer service
· To attend training when required.
· To be fully adhere to Health and Safety, Fire and Bomb threat procedures as laid down by the Company.
· To suggest ideas for further improving department and customer service.
· To be fully aware of and observe all security procedures.
· To be fully comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the Team Member Handbook.
· To be fully aware of hotel activities and facilities.
· To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the jobholder may be required from time to time to carry out tasks requested by the Management.