Anglesey, North Wales
£60,000 - £80,000 PA plus benefits & performance incentives
Based on the Island of Anglesey, Halen Mȏn are an award-winning producer of high-quality sea salt, seasonings and condiments. Their products are sold across the globe as well being used in the production of many fine retail products. Halen Mȏn products can be found in high end retail stores, the best delicatessens, sold directly from their shop and on-line, as well as being used by the world's top chefs and as a hero ingredient in products from chocolate to ready meals.
This family business also has a beautiful purpose-built visitors' centre providing tours, a popular outdoor café, a coastal home ware store and specialist function venue.
The environment and their employees are of the utmost importance to the directors which is reflected by Halen Mȏn winning The Queens Award for Sustainable Development in 2017 and proudly being Living Wage Employers.
The working environment could not be better with a positive, proud team of 30 employees working from an idyllic setting overlooking the Menai Strait.
The success of this business is highlighted by both the founders being awarded the MBE for Services to Business, and now is the time for an exceptional General Manager to continue the company's success and help lead the company into its future.
Reporting to the board of directors you will oversee and manage all aspects of business operations. You will be responsible for a multi-faceted business consisting of a production facility, retail shop, visitors centre and café. Your responsibilities and duties will include:
* Financial and administrative management of Halen Mȏn
* Overall management of 30 staff with five Department Managers, and several direct reports, with direct responsibility for finance, administration, retail and hospitality.
* HR and training, Health and Safety, quality assurance, logistics and distribution, infrastructure and resources, IT systems, on site retail, and customer service.
* Overseeing legal and corporate affairs
* Budgeting, pricing, forecasting and reporting to the board of directors
* Planning and implementation of the company's operational development and assisting the board of directors with strategic development.
* Continuing the certification work to become a BCorp business
* Providing effective leadership for the team promoting growth and innovation
* Maintaining the company's ethos, principles and ethics.
[NB the General Manager is not responsible for sales, marketing, brand, communications and product development]
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications, skills, experience, and attributes:
* Relevant Management / Financial qualifications
* Previous experience as a General Manager / Operations Manager / Business Leader
* Experience in FMCG preferred - this could be from a product supplier or retail brand head office or alternatively GM hospitality roles
* Strong financial knowledge and experience, both operational and strategic
* Experience of running a complex / multi-faceted business with multiple stakeholders preferred
* Passion to drive sustainable development and authentic food production
* A true team player who will lead by example
* Willingness to embrace the successful company culture balancing commercial business acumen with kindness, compassion, and integrity
* Ability to speak Welsh would be of great advantage but not essential
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly successful operation that has not lost its caring 'family business' culture. This creates a positive, team driven, friendly environment to work within. The fact your office has an amazing view of the Menai Strait has to be a major benefit too.
An excellent salary package is on offer, along with performance related bonuses, and relocation assistance should this be required. The structuring of the relocation package is negotiable to suit the needs of the successful applicant.
Applications are welcome from local applicants, those wishing to return to Anglesey as well as those willing to relocate to this beautiful part of the UK.
For more detailed information please contact Kim Simpson of Work Wales for a confidential discussion.
This advert is available in Welsh by request.