Anglesey - Wales
£65k - £75k Negotiable
Based in Anglesey, Halen Môn was founded in 1997 by David Lea-Wilson MBE and Alison Lea- Wilson MBE. Halen Môn is a highly successful family run B-Corp business with a global reputation for producing world class, award winning, highest quality sea salt, condiments and food products.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this full-time, permanent position will be based on site at Halen Môn's state of the art premises overlooking the Menai Strait. The role will focus on the financial and operational aspects of managing the business. Heads of Departments- Production, Administration, Retail, Accounts report to the General Manager.
Working collaboratively with the Managing Director, the General Manager will be responsible for business administration, management of the experienced and competent Halen Môn team and the internal functions of the business. Duties and responsibilities will include:
* To ensure operations are run efficiently and smoothly, supporting Halen Môn's continued exceptional high level of success and year on year growth
* Responsible for overseeing employees to ensure Halen Môn operates according to its strategies, policies and procedures
* Daily involvement in promoting and delivering Halen Môn Mission Statement including sustainability, plans for growth and operational development
* Ensuring compliance with all business accreditation's and certificates
* Maintaining and working towards re accreditation of B-Corp accreditation and BRC
* Function of all visitor services including the shop, seaweed baths, webshop, dispatch of web orders and tours.
* Overseeing the on-site retail operation, hospitality and continual review of customer experience and feedback. The café is not currently in operation, but it is hoped to reopen it in the near to medium term.
Financial and Operational responsibilities
* Budgets, forecasts, payroll, banking and management accounts
* Review and oversee performance of IT systems, telecoms, logistics and stock control
* Health and Safety compliance with the Operations Manager
* Buildings, infrastructure and grounds maintenance with the Operations Manager
* Human Resources - recruitment, team leadership, team development, employee well-being
* Management of annual employee appraisals and reviews with departmental managers
* Rota's, regular team and management meetings
* Ensuring Halen Mon has a safe, positive, well-being culture with resources to enable best performance from every employee
* Supervising departmental heads and line managers with recruitment, induction, training and managing the performance of employees
* Planning, coordinating and managing business operations to achieve corporate goals
* Evaluating current business processes and systems and reports as required
* Working with the Managing Director on long term strategic goals and developing clear plans for implementation
* Review operational resource requirements and ensure timely recruitment
* Approving spending for relevant departments based on analysis of data and forecasts
* Managing administrative, logistical, human resources, and accounting services to support operations
* Creating business plans to support the company's financial objectives
* Reviewing data (financial, sales and activity reports) to ascertain levels of profitability and suggesting potential improvements
* Applying strategic planning to determine company, department or unit objectives
This role will ideally suit an applicant with strong financial knowledge and previous senior managerial experience in a similar environment. Work experience in a family run organisation is also desirable. Other qualifications, experience and attributes include:
* Degree or relevant business qualifications
* A collaborative management style
* Extremely willing, adaptable and flexible in attitude
* Excellent and empathetic communicator verbally and written
* Collaborative attitude to problem solving and workplace management
* Ability to lead and manage emergency situations when required
* Willing to delegate responsibilities to appropriate people
* Proven ability to identify and implement innovation and improvements
* Previous experience coaching individual employees
* Highly developed decision-making skills and critical thinking
* Experience of managing quality of service, working to improve customer service and an understanding of the customer experience
* Very high level of attention to detail
* Experience of managing employee performance within an organisation
* A positive attitude and the ability to work with every level of employee in a constructive manner
* Excellent time management skills
This is a rare opportunity to secure an Anglesey based senior managerial role in a company who have a world renowned reputation within their field.
The company culture is very people orientated - a true family business.
Offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
For more information contact Kim Simpson of Work Wales for a confidential discussion.