Oliver James are supporting one of the worlds Largest Reinsurers who are seeking to recruit a Part-Qualified Actuary to join their Global Reinsurance Pricing team.
The key responsibility of this role is the pricing, modelling and documentation of new business quotations, covering a wide variety of reinsurance transactions (longevity, asset intensive and financial reinsurance) throughout Europe.
* Contribute to the production of quotations for reinsurance transactions, whilst ensuring that risks taken and assumptions made are fully understood, appropriately priced and carefully documented. Over time, the successful candidate will gain exposure to and gain a solid understanding of pricing techniques across longevity, asset intensive and financial reinsurance opportunities.
* Work on allocated projects and participate in the ongoing development and/or research of pricing methods and procedures under the guidance of senior actuaries within the team.
* Develop a good understanding clients' products and objectives and build relationships with client actuaries and other professionals, as well as with colleagues globally.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending workshops and making good progress with the actuarial exams.
* Assist risk management personnel with monitoring experience of in-force treaties.
* Contribute to knowledge sharing initiatives within the team and effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the pricing team and other departments internationally, especially our operations, investment and finance teams.