Graphic Design Graduate / Printing
£23000 - £28000 Negotiable
This dynamic organisation provides printing services for the race and event industry. With their production facility based in Pyle they make use of the latest technology, to offer their customers a wide variety of high-quality products. Their first-class reputation for providing a quality service, fast and efficiently, has spread across the globe making them the preferred supplier for many prestigious international races and events.
Due to growth of the business a new role has emerged for a dedicated Digital Pre Press Specialist. This important role requires precision as well as the ability to remain accurate whilst working in a fast paced environment.
This position is so specialist extensive on the job training will be required, which will be provided by the company owner.
On a daily basis you will manage large numbers of print jobs with variable data as well as managing changing priorities.
Duties will include:
* Setting up files for digital print
* Amending artwork
* Fixing issues within PDF's to ensure correct printing
* Operating the digital press and wide format printers
* Extensive spreadsheet work including manipulation of data and imposition
* Setting of printing machines and ensuring smooth running during print
* Schedule and prioritise the daily workflow
* Liaison with the team to ensure effective communication
* Assisting wherever required in the business
Although job specific training will be provided the successful applicant will have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
* Graduate of Graphic Design or similar
* Some experience within the commercial print or design sector
* A desire to carve a career in the Printing industry
* Experience working with spreadsheets (Excel)
* Able to use Creative Suite, Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
* Above average mathematical ability
* A quick thinker able to make accurate decisions whilst working at speed
* Ability to multi task, schedule work and plan ahead
* A true team player happy to help out wherever required
* A quick learner able to retain complex technical information
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful organisation during a period of growth. Solid training and long term career development potential on offer in a growing organisation. There is an excellent salary on offer and you will work in a friendly team focussed environment.
For more information contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.