Group Technical Accountant
£65,000 per annum
The Group Technical Accountant is responsible for the development and maintenance of Group-wide accounting policy and ensuring that Group financial reporting complies with this policy.
If you have locked down the basics and are looking for your next challenge, and if you are a finance professional with can-do attitude, highly motivated, pragmatic and commercially focused, this role might be for you.
Why we are hiring
The Group is growing fast, expanding into new areas. At the same time, demands on the financial reporting function from external stakeholders and from the business are increasing. The Group recognises the importance of technical accountant to achieving its overall ambitions and are backing this new position.
* Development of group-wide accounting policies and the communication of these throughout the Group and the maintenance of a group accounting policy manual.
* Evaluate new financial reporting requirements and oversee their implementation. This will include the implementation of IFRS 9.
* Share information about financial reporting developments to the firm's wider Finance community, as well as supporting the finance training agenda
* Technical reviews of statutory accounts and actively drive standardisation
* Provide ad-hoc technical support to reporting teams across the group as required.
* Provide technical accounting support to Group-wide strategic projects including the Finance Transformation Project as required.
* Preparing draft Group (interim) finance statements prior to issuance to ensure compliance with group accounting policies and external requirements.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience required
* Degree level, fully qualified accountant.
* Most likely from a leading accounting firm and working at manager level. Preferably with insurance experience.
* Commercial acumen
* Strong IFRS technical knowledge and regulatory requirements.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with a proven ability to bridge financial and accounting knowledge-gaps in a user-friendly way
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing conflicting tasks, senior demands and deadlines.
* Ability to solve complex problems and demonstrable decision-making skills.
* Team player
Reporting Relationships/ Interactions
* Report to the Head of Accounting Policy
* Maintain constructive and supportive professional relationships with all members of the business unit finance teams.