Head of Risk & Controls Assurance
£80,000 - £90,000 per annum
The Head of Assurance is a new role and will be a key element of the control and oversight function. It is a global role, responsible for maturing, designing, overseeing and growing a consistent and comprehensive assurance testing and oversight approach. This will include a framework for monitoring, testing, reporting, governance and escalation, and interacting with existing risks and controls frameworks.
Time within a Consultancy / Advisory Firm is highly desirable for the role
* Build and lead a team of assurance testing experts with a broad range of expertise.
* Manage and proactively enhance global assurance and testing frameworks. This will include maturing, developing and maintaining a combination of controls, training, risk assessment, policies, procedures and management information.
* Use a risk-based approach to assessing and testing internal risks facing the business, and also those that arise from our relationships with third parties, and our controls around them.
* Develop and manage a programme of assurance testing covering regulated entities globally.
* Prepare and deliver assurance methodologies and outputs to relevant audiences (peers, compliance leadership, executive committee, board of directors) highlighting key initiatives, regulatory trends and areas of concern.
* Act as an internal SME on assurance and testing.
* Share knowledge on internal trends and wider industry developments within the compliance department
* Build networks and partnerships internally with both product and client-facing teams to enable you to remain up-to-date on changes in the wider business (products, jurisdictions etc.).
* Act proactively to assess how these may integrate with the assurance and testing framework
Skills and Experience:
* The successful candidate will have a background in risk/controls/assurance in financial services. (Payments experience preferred).
* An ability to produce a high standard of assurance frameworks, drivers of risk, controls and industry good practice.
* Experience of building and developing assurance frameworks (in first, second or third line context or as an external consultant)
* Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
* Good understanding of control design assessment and effectiveness testing techniques and practice.
* Communication skills, both written and verbal to an excellent standard.
* Self sufficient, pragmatic & solution orientated approach to working.