Job title: Head of Business Analysis
Location: London or Sheffield
Salary: Up to £75,000 per annum, plus bonus and benefits
Company client is looking for a Head of Business Analysis to be based in London or Sheffield. The role will require you lead business analysis across our change initiatives, working as part of a larger projects team made up of Project Managers, Programme Managers, Business Readiness and Operations. In this leadership role, a core element will be to utilise experience to build and develop an effective ‘Centre of Excellence’ (CoE) for Business Analysis.Leading the team, create a high performing and efficient function through process optimisation, development and upskilling the team.
Engaging with key stakeholders at all levels. Working collaboratively with Executive and Senior Leadership teams as well as wider functions to align with strategic objectives including the prioritised in-plan projects and programmes. Creating, maintaining, and contributing to reporting on key performance indicators such as scope and quality measure as well as driving continuous improvement of the function by reporting on key progress to the Change Director.
• Lead on the initiation and scoping of new projects.
• Coach and lead the business analysis team, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. Act as a recognised expert, continuously reflecting and challenging the team and creating an environment for success.
• Create a compelling case for change with a detailed business case, developing a consistent approach to business case development and tracking.
• Promote and encourage a highly collaborative, engaging, and inclusive working practice and culture within the team and throughout the company.
• Manage stakeholder relationships, establishing and meeting of stakeholder objectives up to and including Executive Board level.
Knowledge and experience:
• Experience of working in an Agile environment – financial services or public sector background is preferred • Management and leadership of a team of 10+ business analysts
• A background of working on technical and non-technical projects from a lead BA point of view.
• Proven experience of developing a team of Business Analysts working across different areas such as resource management, succession planning and personal development.
• Target Operating Model (TOM) operational and procedure experience
• Extensive knowledge in development of detailed business cases, capturing benefits and benefits realisation.
• Expert in business modelling and business process engineering.
• Extensive experience of planning and prioritisation of demand to support the organisation.
• Excellent communication skills knowing how to deliver effective and engaging presentations at Executive level
A background in financial services is desirable. Relevant qualifications such as BA Diploma, PRINCE 2 or BCS Business Analysis – desirable but not essential