Are you commercially and technically minded? Are you seeking an exciting portfolio of evolving technical products used in everyday life across the world? Come and join us as our Head of Product, because we offer an innovation culture, where no idea is a bad idea - there is plenty of scope for you to develop and grow with us.
BASIC SALARY: c£70,000
· Company Pension Scheme
· Generous Annual Holiday Allowance
· Company Share Scheme
· Training & Development Investment
· Onsite Parking
· Regular Overseas Business Travel
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Reading, High Wycombe, Slough, Bracknell, Oxford, Newbury, Basingstoke, Twickenham, Hayes, Watford,
JOB DESCRIPTION: Head of Product
The Head of Product is responsible for managing the companies global product suite, which includes Emergency communications products, Lift monitoring solutions and display technologies. The role covers both hardware, software and service-based products. The company has a track record of growing year on year for several years and is part of a FTSE100 group. Innovation Market insight is one of the key pillars at the company, which makes this a pivotal role.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Head of Product
Your key responsibilities will be focussed on but not limited to:
· Measuring and publishing performance and payback of product variants.
· Owning the product launch process, including launch stock, collateral etc
· Managing product lifecycle and roadmap to sustain innovation and competitive advantage over competitors
· Maintain and develop agile product development practices to ensure the correct product is delivered in a timely manner
· Act as the voice of the customer to the engineering teams
· Co-ordinating Product Launches, ensuring marketing materials are in place, conducting training and communicating value proposition.
· Ensure you have the necessary sales tools to promote product ranges.
· Regularly communicating product updates to the sales team.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Head of Product
The UK based Product team is crucial to our growth and product development plans.
You will need to be commercially minded and have previously experienced product lifecycles, production management or design engineering. Ideally your experience or product knowledge would have come from an electronics or industrial engineered equipment.
We require you to have the following skills and experience:
· Experience in a Product Marketing / Product Management role.
· Background in software or solutions product management.
· Track record of developing talented staff
· A competent self-starter, able to own the product management process and ideally have knowledge of agile processes.
· Exceptional communicator with the ability to bring high functioning teams together and fully focussed on the end goals of the project.
· Any knowledge of working in a business to business or regulation driven market would be advantageous
· Able to travel overseas on occasions for team meetings, product briefings, supply / manufacturing concepts and personal training and development.
· Some Desirable Skills or Knowledge: NPD, VOC, Agile Project Management, SCRUM, Product Management, Product Roadmap Management, Engineering Processes,
We are part of a FTSE 100 company that has seen consistent growth on the stock market for the last 20 years.
Our ethos across the group it to invest and develop in our people and products. We are keen to hear from newly qualified or experienced Product Managers that aspire to further their career and are keen to work for a forward-thinking global manufacturing business.
The company and group have an active policy of promoting from within.
As a point of reference, it is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles in the past or currently, and with the following products and/or in the following markets sectors: Head of Product, Product Manager, Product Owner, Product Marketing Manager, Category Manager, Product Development Manager, Research and Development Manager, Product Lifecycle Manager, Product Champion, Channel Marketing, Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer - Digital Signage, Visual Displays, Display Solutions, Communication Technology, Connectivity Solutions, Emergency Lighting, Lighting Walls, Sensors, Emergency Communication, Emergency Telephones, GSM, Digital Networks, Machine to Machine, Cloud-based Technologies, Area of Refuge,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IP16550, Wallace Hind Selection