Head of Project Management (Heat Recovery Projects / Piping & Ducting)
£65,000 To £70,000 + Generous Profit Share + Share Scheme + Holidays + Pension
Head of Project Management required by a mid-sized business growing at 30% per year. They are in an exciting position to help companies meet their Net Zero and other carbon / emission related goals.
The client has a collaborative team and is looking to introduce this new role to oversee simultaneous projects whilst developing internal processes, systems and the team. The company is scaling up and this role is essential for continued efficient project delivery. Projects average from £500,000 to £3 million in size and typical project duration is 9 to 18 months.
The client works with several global clients and has a suite of proprietary proven technologies.
Their customers are varied and range from large multinational companies to smaller manufacturers; pharmaceutical manufacturers to hospitals, chocolate factories to bottling plants.
The Head of Project Management Role:
* Overseeing the running of multiple projects via the team and be responsible for the development of internal processes, system and staff. Will also execute in projects as required.
* Typical project scope involves the installation of heat exchangers, coils, pumps, fans, pipes, flues and associated controls.
* Develop strategies for optimising profit margins and benefit received by clients.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to understand project goals and deliverables and to resolve issues encountered during project implementation.
* Develop frameworks and processes for identifying resource needs and assigning resources.
* Analyse staffing needs based on project requirements.
* Develop staff through capability development, training and coaching.
* Facilitate hiring decisions for the organisation.
* Lead change management initiatives.
* Provide guidance on issues related to product design, development, and deployment for product portfolios.
The Head of Project Management:
* Experienced Head of Project Manager / Project Director or equivalent.
* A mechanical engineering background and experience of ducting and pipework or controls and electrical is beneficial not essential.
* Experience in food and beverage, hospitals and / or pharmaceutical is beneficial not essential.
* Knowledge of hot water and steam boilers, combustion, CHP, HVAC, fans, pumps, heat pumps, absorption chillers and ORC is beneficial but not essential.
* PRINCE 2 (or equivalent) is beneficial not essential.
* APMP construction project management qualification (or equivalent) is beneficial not essential.