Job Title: Head of Sales & Business Development
Location: Working predominantly from our Loughborough
Flexibility and capacity to work from home during and after COVID-19 pandemic
Reasonable proportion of work will be mobile, specifically in the first 12 months
45K Base Salary per annum with 15% KPI related bonus (7K per annum bonus potential approx.)
Company Car, or Car allowance if preferred (Example - Audi A3, 20,000 Miles, £340.00 Per Month)
WPA Health Cover (inc. Dental and Essential Cash Benefits L3) £600.00 -£1000.00 per annum approx.
* Standard 3% Pension match
* 28 Days Holidays (inc bank holidays)
* Company Phone and Microsoft Surface Pro
* Career progression opportunities in a growing SME
* Exposure to a rapidly expanding cultural market in the Western food and drink sector
* Excellent work life balance in a family run company.
We are a rapidly expanding family run business looking to introduce an additional senior figure to fill an exciting new role. As a business built on the fundamental concepts of Delivering excellence from people who care and Keeping Food Personal, we are seeking a likeminded individual to support growth and the continuation of these standards of service in the business' future and legacy.
We are looking for digital savvy, target driven, resilient and highly motivated sales manager to join our growing SME based in Loughborough. As a newly developed position, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and creative individual to take a leading role in the transformation of the commercial sales department, supported closely by a team of functional Company Directors.
You will be responsible for defining the transformational roadmap for our Sales & Business Development, Customer Service & Engagement and Systems, BI & Technology Innovation
In each of these specified areas of your role, you will be responsible for overseeing, and in a number of cases, championing the delivery of the following:
Sales & Business Development
* Proactively sourcing and gaining new business in strategic demographic and/or geographic areas.
* Finding and following up new leads in either existing or new custom (utilising market knowledge and/or selling history) and knowledge of the developing sales market.
* Understanding your customers' needs over the telephone and via Microsoft Teams or Zoom to identify the best possible sales and marketing solutions for them.
* Delivering excellent customer service and building rapport with your customers to gain continuous business and referrals.
* Travelling to customers sites to hold face to face meetings and engagements with new business opportunities, shadowed by developing mobile sales representatives.
* Developing new and innovative marketing programmes and strategies to be responsive to the challenging circumstances of the current pandemic.
Customer Service & Engagement
* Direct management (through Sales Team Leader in part) of a small, office-based sales administration team ensuring the communication and achievement of sales/ performance targets as set by the Commercial Director, Operations Director and Procurement Manager. This will include but will not be restricted to
- holding weekly Level 10 meetings
- reviewing process' and procedures
- managing individual targets and KPI's
What we need from you:
* Previous experience managing a B2B sales environment.
* Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese) speaking would be preferable but not required.
* Food related experience is preferred, but not essential. What is essential is a passionate understanding of food and the food and drink sector. The individual will be expected to immerse themselves in both the traditional characteristics and the developing trends within the East Asian food sector and to develop foresight for what customers want from their main supplier in within this market. In this, an interest in food is key!
* Strong Leadership Qualities
* Experience managing a team of people and working in a close unit of interdependent departments and managers.
* SAP Business 1 experience preferred but not required.
* Highly motivated, target driven individual with strong business acumen.
* The ability to self-generate new business through finding your own leads.
* Full driving licence
* Comfortable home working set up with an internet speed of no less than 35MBPS.
* Flexible with working hours and ability to self-manage and be accountable for meeting deadlines.
Please click 'APPLY' to forward a copy of your CV.