Head of Warehouse and Logistics - Slough
Salary: up to £55,000 + Bonus
Hours: Mon- Fri, roughly between 8am - 5pm
My client are a successful, multi-category technology distribution business based in Slough, distributing products to over 30,000 independent retailers and also National multi-retailers.
The business has experienced rapid growth in recent years and plan to continue this with the expansion of products and services, whilst also expanding their client base. The timely and accurate fulfilment of orders is paramount to their continued success, and the Head of Warehouse and Logistics will be responsible for ensuring this slick process happens.
The Head of Warehouse and Logistics will report directly to the Managing Director but work closely with other members of the Senior Management team to ensure seamless delivery of all products and the efficient running of the warehouse.
Roles and responsibilities of the Head of Warehouse and Logistics
o Leading a team of up to 20 people, you will be responsible for the fulfillment of products, physical distribution, reverse logistics, sales operations, and warehouse. You will lead and direct the above teams to achieve the appropriate SLAs, ensuring that all performance targets are achieved and, ideally, exceeded
o Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures and ensure continuous improvements
o Manage warehouse processes to ensure the accuracy of stock records and other reported data (eg KPIs, daily dashboard)
o Oversee a regime of ongoing and periodic stock counts to ensure accuracy of all stock data
o Take overall responsibility for all Health and Safety matters within the warehouse environment
o Ensure the warehouse is adequately resourced with the correct mixture and structure of permanent and flexible headcount and with appropriate skillsets. Ensure staff are developed such that the organisation remains flexible to changes in the demands put upon it
o Ensure clear channels of communication between the warehouse and the Sales Team to ensure issues are identified and remedied speedily such that the Sales Team has maximum confidence in the ability of the logistics function
o Track and manage the error rates to drive them down to the appropriate benchmarks, with monthly reporting in place
o Review all warehouse activities (including value-added activities) to ensure maximum efficiency and value for money
o Undertake planning to ensure a robust disaster recovery plan is in place for various scenarios, to maximise the warehouse's resilience
o Manage relationships with external partners (including freight delivery, packaging, logistics etc) for maximum business benefit
o Review and oversee security arrangements around the warehouse
Skills & experience required:
* 5+ years' experience of running physical distribution operation (incl. warehouse and logistics)
* If you have operational experience of supplying goods into National Retailers this would be desirable but not essential
* Proven management experience
* Excellent communication skills and follow through; burning sense of urgency
* Knowledge of warehouse systems and processes
* Ability to motivate warehouse staff and drive efficiency in all aspects
* Experience of running a pick and pack operation
In return for your hard work:
- You will be an integral part of an exciting and fast-paced business where the warehouse function is paramount to their success
- You have strong earning potential of an OTE of £60k per annum depending on experience
- You will be part of the senior leadership team with lots of visibility and input
- Other benefits such as 25 days holiday + banks, company bonus, pension scheme, etc.
If you are a Head of Warehouse and Logistics seeking your next opportunity, and local to Slough, please get in touch now with Sam on 07825 351251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an exciting position and won't be around for long.