Health & Safety Advisor
About the company
A medium sized Construction and logistics specialist, based near Canary Wharf are seeking an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join their team.
Now well established and going through a period of growth, this professional organisation have a significant pipeline of projects in London and Europe.
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will be joining an organisation who firmly believe that their people are their strongest asset and provide strong training and development.
About the role
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will immediately join the team working on major projects in London and Europeand will be:
* Preparing Health and Safety strategies and developing internal policy
* Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
* Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
* Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
* Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices
* Negotiating with managers and operators to try to eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations
* Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
* Leading in-house training with managers and employees about Health and Safety issues and risks
* Keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
The requirements of the Health & Safety Advisor
* NEBOSH Construction or National General Certificate
* Minimum 3 years Construction Industry Experience
* Experience in training would be an advantage.
* Experince in CHAS certifications
* Experience in Auditing
In Return ?
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will receive:
* Up to £50,000 per annum (DOE)
* Generous Annual Leave entitlement
* Unrivalled career progression
If you are a Health and Safety professional looking at career options, please contact Damian Eatwell at Convert Recruitment.
NEBOSH / IOSH / CDM / Health and Safety / Health and Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor / CDM2015