Safety Health and Environment Manager
About the company
A medium sized, creative and diverse Developer, based in London and working globally are seeking an experienced Safety Health and Environment Manager to join their team.
Now well established and going through a period of growth, this professional organisation have a significant pipeline of projects taking them to 2025 and beyond.
The successful Safety Health and Environment Manager will be joining an organisation who firmly believe that their people are their strongest asset and provide strong training and development.
About the role
The successful Safety Health and Environment Manager will immediately join the team working on a major scheme in Stratford.
They will act as the competent person and the general point of contact across the Group responsible for all elements of Health Safety and Environment. As well as:
* Assure compliance with project health, safety and environmental objectives and legal duties
* Lead the planning of compliance with CDM over the life of the project
* Agreeing with the Project Director project SHE performance objectives and targets consistent with any set by the Senior leadership team
* Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate project SHE plans and strategies.
* Developing robust, collaborative relationships with designers and contractors to ensure health and safety is at the forefront of all design and construction.
* Working with other health and safety team members to devise and implement project wide initiatives and communications to encourage site worker and contractor engagement with SHE
* Lead SHE risk assessment, problem solving, project learning from incidents, and innovation in the project environment
* Manage site SHE coordination, and interfaces with statutory bodies and other safety interfaces.
* HSE Review of all contractor RAMS, plans and providing assistance procurement
* Weekly HSE site inspections and assurance of the quality on all other HSE related inspections
* Recording incidents and ensuring appropriate and proportional investigation
The requirements of the Safety Health and Environment Manager
* NEBOSH Diploma or recognised equivalent include UK health and safety law
* A lead auditor qualification from a course accredited by a recognised professional body
* Membership of IOSH
* Demonstrable experience of leading a SHE team in a design and construction environment and supporting an organisation to implement Principal Contractor duties
* Demonstrable experience of supporting compliance to environmental requirements
* A sustained track record in on-site management of construction SHE including: permit to work, incident investigation, risk assessment, inspection and monitoring; compliance management and assurance, and supporting or leading health and safety change.
* A qualification in environmental management from a recognised provider
* Good written and presentational skills
* A construction related or engineering qualification
* Experience of presenting SHE advice, information and plans in an engaging way to managers at different levels within an organisation.
In Return ?
The successful Safety Health and Environment Manager will receive:
* Up to £75,000 per annum (DOE)
* Generous Annual Leave entitlement
* Life Assurance
* Unrivalled career progression
If you are a Health and Safety professional looking at career options, please contact Damian Eatwell at Convert Recruitment.
NEBOSH / IOSH / CDM / Health and Safety / Health and Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor / CDM2015