Health, Safety and Environment Manager
London & South East
Up to £60,000 P/A
About the company
A well respected, well established Construction, Property and Development company based throughout the UK are seeking an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join their London and South team.
A household name within the industry, this professional organisation are currently expanding and seek a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join their experienced team of Consultants.
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will be joining an organisation who firmly believe that their people are their strongest asset and provide strong training and development and understand the importance of a work/life balance.
About the role
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will be working mainly on Residential/Housing projects and will:
* Ensure a safe working environment complying with relevant legislation.
* Ensure that the company's policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards.
* Conduct audits and reviews to ensure effective execution of compliance standards.
* Review, revise and implement current policies.
* Review procedures and provide reports to identify risks or non-conformity issues.
* Evaluate the efficiency of controls and continuously improve.
* Review and monitor systems, staff and practices to ensure they are up to date and delivering high quality services.
* Conduct investigations when compliance issues arise and provide and implement solutions.
* Ensure regular risk assessments are carried out and implement remedial actions where required.
* Responsibility for development and compliance with management systems.
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have a strong background and in-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations in a high-risk environment with a good understanding of principles.
Strong interpersonal skills are a prerequisite, as is the ability to manage, guide, develop and motivate a team.
A good, adaptable attitude with the desire to develop is key.
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have the following qualifications will have a minimum of 3 years experience, preferably with a Residential Developer, as well as :
* NEBOSH (Construction or General)
* Construction / H&S relate degree (preferable)
In Return ?
* Up to £60,000 per annum (DOE)
* Generous Annual Leave entitlement
* Life Assurance
* Multiple perks
* Flexible working arrangements
If you are a Health and Safety professional looking at career options, please contact Damian Eatwell at Convert Recruitment.
NEBOSH / IOSH / CDM / Health and Safety / Health and Safety Consultant / CDM2015 / Fire