Health & Safety Coordinator
£25000PA Plus Bonus and Benefits
Reporting to the compliance director this full time permanent role is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic global manufacturer who support the construction industry.
Purpose of Position
* The Health and Safety (H&S) Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Compliance Director in maintaining a safe and compliant working environment for the manufacturing business.
* The incumbent will assist in developing and implementing safety policies, conducting risk assessments, delivering training programs, investigating incidents and promoting a strong safety culture.
* The H&S Coordinator plays a crucial role in ensuring the well-being of all employees and the effective management of health and safety practices within the organisation.
* Assist the Compliance Director in developing and implementing health and safety policies, procedures, and guidelines tailored to the manufacturing industry.
* Conduct regular safety inspections and risk assessments of the manufacturing facility to identify hazards and unsafe practices and collaborate with relevant departments to implement corrective actions.
* Organise and deliver safety training programs to employees, ensuring they are well-informed about safety protocols, emergency procedures, and the proper use of equipment.
* Investigate workplace accidents, near-miss incidents and injuries to determine root causes and recommend preventive measures to mitigate future risks.
* Support the management of safety-related documentation, including maintaining records of injuries, illnesses, safety inspections, and training.
* Assist in the development and testing of emergency response plans, ensuring employees are familiar with procedures for handling emergencies effectively.
* Collaborate with supervisors and employees to promote a strong safety culture, encouraging proactive reporting of safety concerns and providing guidance on safe work practices.
* Monitor and maintain safety equipment, including fire extinguishers, emergency alarms, and first aid kits, ensuring they are functional and accessible at all times.
* Stay up-to-date with local, state, and federal health and safety regulations relevant to the manufacturing industry and ensure the company's compliance.
You will have a combination of technical qualifications and relevant experience. Preferably, you will have:
* A bachelor's degree or certification in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Engineering, Safety Management or a related field is often preferred
* Experience (at least 2-3 years) in H&S within the manufacturing industry
Skills and Experience
* Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations and standards applicable to the manufacturing industry.
* Experience in conducting risk assessments, safety inspections and incident investigations.
* Proficiency in developing and implementing safety policies, procedures, and training programs.
* Familiarity with emergency response planning and implementation.
* Ability to interpret and analyse safety-related data and make informed recommendations for improvement.
* Understanding of hazardous materials management, including handling, storage and disposal.
* Familiarity with safety equipment and its maintenance requirements.
* Excellent computer skills, including the use of safety management software and Microsoft Office applications.
* Strong commitment to promoting a safety-oriented culture and fostering a safe working environment.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of effectively conveying safety information to employees at all levels of the organisation.
* Attention to detail and analytical mindset, with the ability to identify potential safety risks and implement preventive measures.
* Team player with the capacity to collaborate with different departments to achieve common safety goals.
* Proactive and self-motivated, able to take initiative and drive continuous improvement in safety practices.
* Ability to remain calm and composed during emergencies, demonstrating effective decision-making skills.
* Ethical and responsible approach to handling sensitive safety-related information.
An excellent salary is on offer and negotiable dependant on skills and experience. Benefits include:
* A bonus shares scheme which could be worth up to £3000 PA
* 24 days leave plus bank holidays
* Free on-site parking and EV charging
* Cycle to work scheme
* Life cover
* Flu vaccinations
* Free fruit and hot drinks
* Eye care subsistence
* Company sick pay
* Access to employee assistance programme
For more information contact Lisa of Work Wales for a confidential discussion.