Health, Safety & Environmental Officer
Competitive Salary + Holiday + Life Assurance + Medicash + Company Pension
Health, Safety & Environmental Officer required by a market leading electronics manufacturer in their state of the art facility.
The Health, Safety & Environmental Officer will hold a NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) and an environmental management qualification.
The role will involve providing and supporting effective compliance on EHS related issues. You will assist the business to achieve its business objectives and targets by implementing, developing and improving the EHS management processes.
This is a great opportunity to work in a forward thinking company offering training and progression to more senior roles.
The Health, Safety & Environmental Officer Role:
* Ensure adherence to EHS policies and procedures and help to establish new policies and procedures or guidelines.
* Responsibility for the day to day management of the EHS incident management system.
* Ensuring that incident reports held on the EHS recording and reporting system are complete and accurate.
* Ensuring that the observations and non-conformances identified are tracked and appropriate action taken.
* Developing and implementing continuous improvement within EHS management systems and EHS plans throughout the site.
* Working alongside EHS Manager with regulatory bodies, reporting to them when an accident & incident investigation are being undertaken.
* Maintaining COSHH documentation as required.
* Carry out regular EHS inspections, promote staff to report near miss & hazards within the workplace and ensure actions are closed out from reports.
* Training of all employees in EHS including the delivery of induction and manual handling training and arranging courses in other aspects of EHS with follow up coaching.
* Writing and updating of procedures and safe systems of work.
The Health, Safety & Environmental Officer Required:
* Will hold a NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent).
* Will hold an environmental management qualification.
* Strong knowledge of H&S management systems and environmental management systems.
* Experience of producing statistical and business reports.
* Desirable qualifications include internal auditing certificates.
* Have previous experience liaising with external authorities.