About the company
A small but progressive Civil Engineering and Highways contractor, based in Essex/East London are seeking an experience Health & Safety Manager.
Having been established since the 80s, this professional organisation are very well established in the industry and have a significant pipeline of work for 2022.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager.
The successful Health & Safety Manager will be joining an organisation who firmly believe that their people are their strongest asset and provide strong training and development and understand the importance of a work/life balance.
About the role
The successful Health & Safety Manager will be working on a number of projects in the North / East London, Essex and Kent areas.
They will act as the competent person and the general point of contact across the Group responsible for all elements of health, safety, quality and environmental.
As the Health & Safety Manager you will own the Health & Safety aspect of the business and implement relevant H&S strategies. You will undertake Site Audits to assess compliance with statutory regulations. Identifying risks to the business and advise on how best to mitigate the risk.
To work closely with Directors, heads of departments and operational staff to help them meet H&S requirements.
This role is likely to be a combination of office/site based.
* A NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (desired)
* IOSH status, actively developing towards CMIOSH status
* Minimum of 4 years' experience within a Health & Safety role
* An excellent understanding of safety and industry requirements
* A positive safety leader with a continual improvement mind-set with a track record of business and safety development
* Knowledge of the relevant regulatory framework within the construction industry
In Return ?
* Up to £55,000 per annum (DOE)
* Generous Annual Leave entitlement
* Life Assurance
* Multiple perks
If you are a Health and Safety professional looking at career options, please contact Damian Eatwell at Convert Recruitment.
NEBOSH / IOSH / CDM / Health and Safety / Health and Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor / CDM2015