A fantastic opportunity for an Assess Operations & Engineering Manager, or Highways Operations Manager to work for a private business that offers first rate customer service and congestion free travel across the Midlands.
BASIC SALARY: £55,000 - £65,000
· Bonus Scheme
· 30 Days Holiday
· Company Pension Scheme
· Life Assurance
· Other Company Benefits
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Derby, Nottingham, Northampton, Stoke, Leicester, Coventry, Wolverhampton
JOB DESCRIPTION: Highways Manager, Asset Operations & Engineering Manager, Highways Operations Manager – High speed highways / Highways Maintenance
To that end, we are looking to employ Highways Operations Manager who will be responsible for a team of 35 direct reports and be a “hands on manager” as well as delivering operations and maintenance of the civil, M&E and facilities assets that make up the highway. You will also ensure delivery in line with MEL Safety and performance standards, contract requirements and relevant legislation and contribute to the strategic management of the whole organisation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Highways Manager, Highways Operations Manager, Asset Operations & Engineering Manager – High speed highways / Highways Maintenance
A more detailed brief will be made available to those who are shortlisted but, in short, you will:
· Be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the highway including Winter Maintenance programme.
· Ensure the delivery of high quality 24/365 incident support service, ensuring the availability of suitably capable and trained teams as well as specialist vehicles and equipment as and when required.
· Management of the facilities maintenance of all buildings across the estate.
· Ensure that the company has the appropriate range of vehicles, plant, and equipment to meet the business requirements.
· Deliver and monitor effective and efficient operations in line with business plan.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Highways Operations Manager, Asset Operations & Engineering Manager – High speed highways / Highways Maintenance
· We would be delighted to receive applications from individuals who meet the following brief:
· Knowledge of high-speed High Speed and trunk roads
· Understanding of highway and facilities legal and regulatory requirements
· Proven Highways operational Experience linked to improving safety, asset management and service delivery.
· Has shown that they can think on their feet and adjust to a rapidly changing business needs and situations.
· Experience of maintenance within large infrastructure organisations.
Personal characteristics that describe you include:
· Taking ownership for results; performance and personal development
· Passionate about great customer service
· Works and well and interacts collaboratively with others.
· Adopts a “can-do” attitude.
· Self-driven and motivated
We are a Midlands based company responsible for the operation and smooth running of a high-speed highway which has more than 50,000 customers a day. We employ over 150 members of staff who are dedicated to running the road safely, smoothly and making sure it is kept in peak condition throughout the year.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Highways Manager, Highways Operations Manager, General Manager, Service Deliver Manager, Highways Maintenance Manager, Highways Team Leader, Highways Maintenance Supervisor, Commercial Manager, Highways Maintenance, Asset Manager, Regional Operations Manager, Highways Maintenance Contracts Manager
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IP16411, Wallace Hind Selection