A leading horticulture business in the Wolverhampton area is looking for a new Buyer to join their expanding Procurement team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer will ensure ensuring that goods are sourced on time and within budget. Management of suppliers, assist negotiating contracts, and seeking ways to reduce costs, improve quality and increase customer satisfaction.
What the role involves:
* Sourcing product whilst complying with audit and providing maximum value
* Assessing and challenging the business' requirements, by engaging all relevant areas of the business during the sourcing process, including administration, records management, internal and external communications, and reports
* Work closely with suppliers across the supply base, volume, value etc. Then working with planning teams to overcome potential issues
The person we're looking for:
* Horticultural knowledge is essential
* Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and relationship management skills, with the ability to influence an audience in an engaging and persuasive manner.
* Degree qualified / CIPS studier (desirable).
Salary and Benefits:
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum + relocation package if required
23 days holiday (increasing with time served) and 8 bank holidays + healthcare plan
Office based role Monday to Friday
If you are a Junior Buyer or already involved in Procurement, looking for a step up in a strategic Procurement function within a leading horticulture business, I would love to hear from you.
To be considered, please email your latest CV and contact details to email@example.com