HR Officer - Stevenage
Salary: Up to £31,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm (can be flexible if needed), hybrid working supported - can work 2 days per week from home
We are delighted to be representing a world leader in the fresh produce industry, seeking an HR Officer to join their thriving team based local to Stevenage. The role will involve supporting the HR function and wider business as a whole, being the first point of call for all HR queries for the site.
Accountabilities of the HR Officer include:
* Advise people managers on execution of people policy, process, and the expectation of the line manager.
* Maintain employee records on our HR system, including creating new starter profiles, processing movers and leavers.
* Coach line managers on people related matters such as employee performance, employee relations, absence, and wellbeing.
* Promote regular employee listening and engagement activities.
* Liaise with our Operations team to ensure peak planning takes place in a timely fashion, with all staff having clarity of changes to shift patterns/roles etc. Administer all supporting paperwork.
* Formally plan and support internal consultation needs for structural changes affecting staff and administer supporting paperwork.
* Support employee wellbeing and manage the site's relationship with Occupational Health.
* Regularly deliver induction training to new starters - collecting and validating Right to Work documentation across the site.
* Plan and co-ordinate the annual staff welfare programme, ensuring a minimum of two wellbeing weeks take place per annum.
* Oversee and ensure any staff grievances are handled and administered in line with policy/procedure and in a timely manner.
* To ensure agency audits run to schedule in liaison with auditor and all non-compliances are logged, tracked, and actioned appropriately.
* Work in collaboration with the rest of the cross-site HR team.
To be considered for the position:
* You will be an experienced HR Officer or HR Administrator, ideally with experience in a fast-paced environment
* You will have excellent organisation and administration skills
* You will be computer literate including comfortable with Excel to a basic/intermediate level
* A competitive salary depending on experience of up to £31,000 per annum
* Flexible hours available, Monday to Friday only, and hybrid working fully supported so you can work a couple of days per week from home
* You will enjoy a juicy and exciting HR role in a business where HR services will be truly valued
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements, please get in touch with Samantha Murray email@example.com or call 07825 351251 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.