About the company
A medium sized, well established, international manufacturing company based in Hertfordshire are seeking an HSE Manager to join their team in Welwyn Garden City.
With a number of sites in the UK and US, this forward-thinking organisation are well equipped to capitalise on their growing reputation.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to recruit an HSE Manager.
The successful HSE Manager will be joining an organisation who firmly believe that their people are their strongest asset and provide strong training and development.
About the role
The successful HSE Manager will be very much hands on and will:
* Be responsible for the HSE Management of the site; ensuring the emphasis placed on HSE remains the paramount consideration for all staff.
* Ensure the integrity of the company's management systems and compliance with legal and other requirements for HSE including but not limited to applicable regulations, permits, licences and registrations
* Provide HSE advice and guidance and promote HSE activities and a positive HSE culture across the site and within the regulatory frameworks.
* Develop, implement, maintain and continually improve effective HSE management systems.
* Liaise with external parties including national and government organisations, enforcement agencies, auditors, local authorities etc.
* Conduct routine audits and associated documentation.
* Have a input on KPIs and internal training.
* Strong understanding and experience of ISO Standards
* Works independently, acting without guidance, taking responsibility for planning and accomplishing own tasks or assignments within professional standards.
* Communicates effectively with internal and external contacts, using influencing and negotiation skills as required.
* Works largely pro-actively, with a determination to improve H&S throughout the business.
* Able to work under moderate pressure delivering work requiring a high level of quality.
* Able to foster positive collaboration amongst team members building a skilled, motivated workforce.
* Able to recognise, acknowledge and improve individual and team performance.
* Behaves with respect in an open and honest manner.
* Creates a positive working environment.
* Has experience as an HSE Manager in Heavy Manufacturing.
In Return ?
* Up to £48,000 per annum (DOE)
* Generous Annual Leave entitlement
* Life Assurance
* Multiple perks
If you are a Health and Safety professional looking at career options, please contact Damian Eatwell at Convert Recruitment.
NEBOSH / IOSH / CDM / Health and Safety / Health and Safety Consultant / HSE Manager