Our client are looking for an Import/Export Administrator, you will be responsible for liaising with the in-house sales team, the company’s suppliers and business customers. You will be managing the full sales cycle from the ‘deal won’ stage right the way through to goods being delivered and payments being collected, including raising invoices and paperwork for customs offices. The role will also include general filing, answering the telephone, assisting the MD and other managers of the company as and where required.
The right candidate will ideally have / be;
· Previous experience within the Freight forwarding / Supply chain industry.
· Understanding of Customs / Export Paperwork and requirements.
· A good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel (extended excel knowledge would be a huge advantage).
· Extremely organised with a great eye for detail.
· A quick learner and able to understand and keep up to date multiple databases.
· Able to use and understand all Microsoft Office tools inc Excel, Outlook etc.
· Excellent communication / customer service skills.
· Experience with import / export a huge advantage.
· The ability to work well under pressure (there will be deadlines that have to be met – set by logistical requirements).
· Due to location, a full UK driving license and own transport is essential.
Hours and Salary
The role is a full time role between. Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm. The salary will be between £24,000 - £26,000 (depending on experience) per annum. Immediate start for the right candidate. Company perks include a bonus scheme and health insurance.