IT Project Manager - Retail Domain
Base Salary: up to 70k+ Benefits +Bonus
Joining: Latest 4 weeks
Retail domain experience is preferable but not mandatory. Mainly we need senior IT Project Managers who have worked on the application side.
No network or infrastructure background please.
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
Project Management of various projects within the Group Retail Programme
The purpose of the Project Manager role is to manage Technology selection and / or implementation projects within the Group Retail Programme taking projects from startup, through definition and delivery to early life support. The Project Manager will create plans taking input from team managers and team members and ensure that they have secured and managed budget and resources to deliver to that plan. The Project Manager will lead, manage and motivate a team of internal and external resources to deliver IT solution(s) as appropriate taking into account that time is of the essence with this programme. Projects are likely to be in Retail areas like Stores / Finance / HR / Customer Experience.
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
Member of the Project Management Team.
· Manage the definition, delivery, business acceptance, go live and handover to operational support of a number of Technology projects in parallel within the Group Retail Programme.
· Define the objectives, scope, approach, solution and deliverables of an IT project or IT workstream within a business project. As appropriate determine if feasibility studies or solution options analysis are required to identify the best solution to meet the business needs.
· Create plans for discovery, definition and solution selection stages that move at pace while ensuring solutions are selected / defined that are realistic to develop, deploy and rollout to international teams.
· Estimate project costs including developing assumption based costs models and seek approval for the project budget.
· Organise, lead and motivate the project team to achieve the project goals and output the agreed management and specialist deliverables using the most appropriate project management methodology to best achieve the project goals.
· Proactively drive the project forward, champion the sponsor’s ambitions and ensure the project team understand and buy in to the goals of the project.
· Manage teams that include dedicated team members, competency centre resources and 3rd parties. Deliver on time and to budget as these are key constraints of the Retail Programme.
· Working with business project manager, subject matter experts, finance business partner and/or sponsor to prepare the IT Board papers including developing the cost benefits of the project.
· Identify and communicate clearly the roles and responsibilities of each member of the project from the Sponsor downwards in an international context according to governance process.
· Analyse and manage risks, issues, dependencies and change requests. Identify risk mitigation and issue resolution actions, get ownership and drive resolution.
· Manage stakeholders to ensure that the project achieves the agreed success criteria.
· Make sure the agreed solution is fit for purpose and supportable and is accepted into operational support.
· Define success criteria and monitor and report progress against key performance indicators for the project.
· Manage the plan, resource and budget for the project in accordance with client’s IT policies, standards and processâ€‹es.
· Provide a financial forecast each month with explanation of any changes as appropriate
· Manage reporting and communication through Group Technology & Banners â€‹
· Prepare and lead all project meetings including project team meetings, steering meetings (if appropriate), kickoff, closure etc.
· Experience in Retail technology solutions
· Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system.
· Knowledge of the criticality of Retail for the smooth operation of business processes and systems for logistics operations, inventory management and eCommerce.
· Expert at record managing technology projects throughout the solution lifecycle.
· Expert at planning technology projects from project startup including building up a project team from day 1 by requesting and mobilising all the resources needed for success.
· Project management practioner in PRINCE2 methodology (or equivalent) for small, medium and large sized projects. Experienced at AGILE project management (SCRUM, SCRUMBAN etc) highly desirable.
· Highly competent at creating Board approval papers for approval of projects including high quality Exec summaries for all aspects of a project initiation document and full investment appraisal. Ensure benefits data provided by the business is robust and can with stand Board level challenge.
· Strong commercial knowledge and 3rd party contract creating and contract management skills.
· Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS project
· Excellent written and oral communication skills for reports and presentations
· Competent at project level financial management
Strong project management experience (including but not limited to delivery, finances, stakeholders, communication) in Retail programmes
Additional remarks (if any):
Due to a high volume of applications, we will be unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. If you have not received a direct response within 30 days then the application should be deemed unsuccessful.
I.e. Negotiating, client facing, communication, assertive, team leading/team member skills, supportive.
· Resilient, able to withstand challenge to plans and persistent in finding solutions to problems
· Quick learner, able to hit the ground running and start mobilising resources and delivering results rapidly on joining.
· Proactive at finding ways to deliver more effectively taking lessons learned into account
· Personable, pro-active, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to customer service in all activities.
· Very good ability to communicate, influence and interact at all levels of the organisation using facts to substantiate arguments.
· Able to maintain effective relationship with third party suppliers
· Drives collaborative working with colleagues across Business and within IT
To be considered for this role, please apply today.