Java Developer - Linux Open-Source
Cambridge Office or Remote
£50,000 - £75,000 per annum
This engineering house is creating clever new solutions for building connected infrastructure. This includes exciting new projects on next-generation connected cities to provide real-time information.
Its mission is to deliver the best performing connectivity solutions to the Electronic, Comms, Video and Consumer markets.
As part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, the successful candidate will contribute to leading-edge technologies to aid these new solutions.
Already enjoying major engineering success in this area, they are now about to start on a couple of very ambitious new solutions, so great time to be joining this successful team.
The role will include designing, implementing, and testing code and communications protocols to control complex functions.
- Engineering (or related) degree plus 5 years relevant experience.
- Design, implementation and test of server-side dev coding with Java
- Linux and Open-source developments
- Flexible, organised and able to quickly learn new software skills.
- Experience of complete design cycle from requirements capture through to release and maintenance, including configuration management.
Desired: Restful, Networked applications, Cloud (AWS), a DevOps mindset.
Must have the drive to work on own initiative and the interpersonal skills to perform well as part of a team-a flexible attitude, willing to tackle problems and seek out solutions.
Self-motivated and proactive, committed to meeting the deadlines necessary in a fast-moving consumer marketplace.
Office-based or Work from home fine - may be needed twice a month in the office for group catch-ups.
Starting salary will range between £50-75k plus benefits package-full job description and company websites available. Apply now for details.