Job title: JAVA Technical Lead
Location: Southampton, UK
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
JAVA Technical Lead with eCommerce experience for Digital Experience team
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
1. Working closely with Solution architects, Business SMEs, Product owners and Business Analysts from customer side, to understand the business requirement, provide suggestions and produce low-level solution designs documents and process flows applying different design patterns.
2. Present the solution and design approach to Team members, Product Owners, Business stake holders.
3. Responsible for driving the delivery of the program in terms of implementation, ensuring quality coding standard maintained, reviewing the code and help into writing code when required.
4. Work closely with cross-functional teams (Delivery leads, product managers, BA, developers, end users and business stakeholders) to convert the available information and understandings into tangible EPICs, User Stories, Technical SPIKEs for the Feature Teams to work on.
5. Will be responsible to estimate the work for business requirements and then devise a sustainable development plan with resources and timeline.
6. Must be able to solve the critical issues related to application you are building and its integration with other frameworks.
7. Must be able to identify risk and conducting mitigation action planning.
8. Must be able to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment.
1. Hands on experience in Java/J2EE Development.
2. Must have hands on experience in architecture and design with eCommerce platforms like Hybris, Oracle ATG, Magento, Salesforce commerce etc.
3. Hands on experience in any of the application servers like JBoss , Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere servers.
4. Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, jUnit, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Spring MVC, Springboot.
5. Good to have knowledge in UI technologies like HTML, Java Script, JQuery and AJAX
6. Good Knowledge in Database (Postgres, My SQL, Oracle)
7. Possess advanced knowledge of object-oriented design and development (OOA/OOD) and the
8. J2EE framework and data architectures.
9. Experience working with and applying Design patterns to solve problems.
10. Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
11. Must have understanding of CI/CD principles and automation first mindset
12. Understanding agile principles
13. Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially in a complex application stack
14. Must have a learning mindset and adaptability to learn and applying new and emerging design methodologies