Junior Electrical Design Engineer (Automotive)
Batley, West Yorkshire
£30,000 to £35,000 + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + 5% Pension + Life Assurance + Private Medical Health
Monday to Friday, 39 Hours.
Junior Electrical Design Engineer required for a manufacturer of emergency service vehicles. Offering a great working environment and a varied role where no day is the same.
The successful Junior Electrical Design Engineer will have a previous background with Automotive Electrics, and some working knowledge of electrical design and software packages.
Those with an Electrical Engineering Degree (or equivalent) with exposure to Automotive Electrics are also encouraged to apply.
The Junior Electrical Design Engineer role will include:
- Designing vehicle electrics, wiring looms and wiring diagrams.
- Design from scratch, working to customer specifications.
- Working on bespoke projects.
- Using Arcadia as a design tool, alongside Microsoft Office programs; Excel, Word and Outlook.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Working with the Electrical Design Engineer to plan electrical systems and installations to meet the requirements of the end user. This will include working on vehicles, looking at availability of space and routing of systems.
- Assisting in the generation of drawings to allow sub contract wiring harness manufacture.
- Generation of schematic electrical circuit diagrams for completed builds.
- Assisting in compiling and maintaining technical files for each vehicle build.
- Assess requisitioned major components for suitability and compatibility for each vehicle build and make amendments or suggestions as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of market products and systems.
- Liaise with product suppliers regarding technical issues.
- Liaison with other departments, including technical support as required.