Lead UX Designer - Manchester / Remote
£70,000 per annum + 15% bonus
Financial Services / Insurance
This role can be based predominantly remotely with ad hoc need for team meetings in either the Manchester or West Sussex office. Any travel to non local offices for meetings would be fully expensed.
My client in Manchester are an award winning financial services and technology company. They are looking for a Lead UX Designer to join the team to lead on and supporting their user experience strategy and execution. The Lead UX Designer will lead on the production of assets for the new business, in-life and retention customer journeys/user experiences across various brands and products as required and in line with strategy. You'll build out the creation of the UX function for the business and be the go-to subject matter expert for all UX requirements and a promoter of best practices.
* Clearly define design problems to ensure teams are aligned to a common goal and able to work collaboratively to realise an effective outcome
* Understanding the user's needs, business objectives and constraints
* Information Architecture (IA) expertise
* Produce prototypes and interactive design assets of varying fidelity to capture design concepts and test on users, continuously refining until ready for business/brand to launch with customers
* Lean UX expertise, able to lead collaborative process with other designers/digital team members
* UX copywriting will be a small part of this role
* User research
* Creation and maintenance of a design system to improve the efficiency of the design process and assets for other stakeholders (e.g., business analysts, developers and future UX/design colleagues)
* Customer journey mapping
* Leading and hosting UX workshops in collaboration with stakeholders
Experience and knowledge:
* Proven track record of success in a senior / lead UX Design role
* Insurance and financial services would be preferred, or any regulated environment experience
* Passion for UX Design and focus on UX best practice
* Proven track record and experience in a digital business that can identify UX gaps/opportunities and creative solutions to improve UX performance
* Strong experience using UX tools and platforms such as Figma, Sketch and Invision
* Passionate about creating an outstanding user experience for customers
* Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment - providing UX solutions at pace
* Influencing and negotiating skills
This role can be mostly remote but travel will be required occasionally to the Manchester office.
Salary to £70,000 + 15% bonus and 8% pension contribution from the employer.
If this sounds like you, please apply the job online.