Work Wales have an exciting new Support Worker position. The company we are working with provides support for people with a disability (learning or physical) to live the life they choose in their own home within the local community. You will be required to promote the independence of the people we support enabling them to develop new skills and friendships and encourage them to enjoy a full life within the community. The company are looking for somebody who is positive, punctual, and motivated to make a difference in the life of the individuals they support. There are a variety of shifts on a rota basis which include days, evening, weekends, wakeful nights, public holidays, and sleep in duties.
What we are looking for:
* Previous care experience (desirable)
* A willing attitude and a caring and reliable nature.
* Promote the values and beliefs of all people.
* Compassion and empathy.
* Remain and calm and patient in difficult or stressful situations.
* Passion to promote independence and choice.
* A strong work ethic, flexibility, self-motivation, and resilience.
* Good communication skills.
* Flexible to the changing needs of those you support.
* Provide emotional support.
What we offer:
* Opportunity for career progression.
* Paid induction programme.
* Long Service Awards.
* An employee referral bonus scheme.
* Support and Wellbeing Advice Service.
* Opportunity to increase your knowledge and skill-set through paid training for nationally recognised qualifications.
* Company pension scheme.
The company are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in their care and therefore all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure and satisfactory reference checks.