Company client is representing a leading Life Insurance company who are looking to engage a part-qualified actuary on a 6-12 month contract within the ALM and capital team.
The business is offering a lucrative day rate contract - a great opportunity to gain additional experience in Capital and ALM along side excellent remuneration!
The role can also be offered as a fixed-term contract with Study support!
Duration: 6 month initial contract with extension highly likely!
Day Rate: up to £400 per day - this equates to a take home pay of approximately £4800-5000 per month! (20 working days)
Start Date: ASAP (can accommodate a 1 month notice period)
What you need to know:
The Capital & ALM team work closely with the Reporting, Modelling & Reinsurance teams.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst contractor will support the Head of Capital & ALM in a wide range of Solvency II, Internal Capital, Liquidity and ALM work. You will also be involved in a key project looking at interest rate risk.
* Assist in the production of quarterly Board and Risk & Capital Committee reports on Solvency II, Risk Appetite and Liquidity and support the Head of Capital & ALM in other reports as required.
* Assist in monitoring of yields, developing capital management strategies, forecasting & analysis of capital requirements.
* Assist in the development of Solvency II and Internal Capital capabilities in particular for new products and regulatory developments. This will include making and testing changes to Solvency II models & providing a clear audit trail of work.
* Analyse movements in capital requirements and report to senior management.
* Analyse strategic asset allocations, sensitivities to market risk, propose risk mitigation actions where necessary.
* Support external and internal audits.
What We're Looking For:
* Part-Qualified Actuary with UK Life insurance experience (2+ years)
* An understanding of Capital and ALM would be beneficial
* Advanced skills in Excel. Programming skills (e.g. SQL, VBA an advantage)
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Experience of Solvency II Reporting (preferred but not essential)
* Experience of cash-flow modelling tools
* A strong desire to continue learning about, Solvency II & ALM