Life Actuary - Stress and Scenario Testing - FTC
Client is a leading Life insurance client to secure an Actuary to support with Stress and Scenario Testing (SST)
The company is offering a 9-month fixed-term contract with a generous salary up to £70,000 (pro-rata) + bonus + benefits includimg 29 days annual leave +bank holidays
The position does come with a high chance of extension and/or permanent opportunities beyond the initial term.
This is the perfect stepping-stone into the contract market, or a great opportunity to get into one of the UK's leading organisations and open the door to future possibilities.
The role's duties & responsibilities:
* Produce analysis for a wide range of stress scenarios, considering impacts across a range of sub-funds, metrics and time periods
* Support the derivation and calibration for scenarios of varying severity, with reference to the risks faced by the business
* Produce stresses to set risk appetites for management of the solvency of the business
* Provide supporting information for a range of ad hoc SST queries from across the Group or from the Regulator, or to support proposals, such as dividend to Group
* Provide support to the Capital Monitoring and Forecasting Project, to improve the efficiency and granularity of the SST process and to enhance the insights gained from the analysis produced
* Part Qualified or Qualified Actuary with Life insurance experience
* Knowledge of Solvency II
* Experience of Stress and Scenario Testing
* Good communication skills