Machine Learning Engineer
£30,000 to £50,000 + Benefits Package
Machine Learning Engineer Required for a rapidly expanding start up business. You will create programmes and algorithms that enable battery storage systems to take independent action, in a self-managing and operating battery storage system used in Wind, Solar renewables and EV charging systems.
This position is an exceptional opportunity. This exciting new business has an innovative product offering and already has a full order book. They supply their products into several industries that are rapidly growing. Your work will be instrumental in the future success of the company.
The Machine Learning Engineer Role:
• Using computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, computability and complexity and computer architecture
• Produce system outcomes and isolate the issues that need to be resolved, in order to optimise programmes
• Collaborate with internal and external system and battery design and production engineers
• Manage the infrastructure and data pipelines needed to bring code to production
• Demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications
• Apply machine learning algorithms and libraries
• Communicate and explain complex processes to people who are not programming experts
• Liaise with stakeholders to analyse business problems
• Analyse large, complex datasets to extract insights and decide on the appropriate technique
The Machine Learning Engineer:
• Experience in computer programming with knowledge of Java, Python and C++.
• Will hold an AI degree, or MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline or experience in a similar AI project.
• Linux SysAdmin skills
• Messaging (including, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ)
• Distributed systems tools (such as, Etcd, zookeeper, consul)
• Competence with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation and similar)
• The ability to work with large, complex datasets.