Machine setting Operative
7:30am-4:00pm (All breaks paid)
£10.50ph (Starting Salary)
Company client is searching for machine setter operatives for an expanding food production company based a 13 minutes’ drive from Newbury town centre. Within this role you will be tasked with the machine testing, setting, maintenance, packaging, and storage of their products splitting your time between the on-site kitchen and warehouse.
- Uphold all health and safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean working environment throughout the day.
- Perform quality control on all products you encounter (check for imperfections).
- Ensure production equipment is set correctly ready for use and operated correctly.
- Assist with equipment training.
- Report faults in machinery to supervisor and assist with repairs.
- Correctly package products keeping within the company specifications.
- Ensure products are sealed, dated correctly, pallet stacked and refrigerated/frozen correctly.
- Stock rotation and control.
- Cleaning of cooking pans, blenders, and specialist equipment.
- Work towards daily team targets.
Preferred and desired
- Prior machine setting experience.
- Ideally have worked in a food production environment, pub, bakery, or processing plant.
- Must have own transport as site is not reachable via public transport.
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Basic math and writing skills.
Suitable candidates will be phone/zoom interviewed. Successful candidates will then be invited to site for a face-to-face interview. The client is looking to get new starters in asap.