Our established and growing client is looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer with a Mechanical bias to their team.
Maintenance Engineer - Job Description
* Responsible for ensuring, through a programme of planned maintenance, testing and inspection, that all plant and machinery, including die-casting machines, gas cylinders, furnaces, presses, lathes, drills, welding equipment, pipework, compressors, pumps and electrical equipment, is kept in good and safe working order.
* Where breakdowns occur the post holder is expected to rectify the problem directly wherever able to do so or otherwise arrange for repairs to be undertaken externally. This responsibility extends to gas, electricity and water supply points within the boundary of the factory and grounds.
* Required to maintain an inventory of plant and equipment together with written details of maintenance plans and maintenance and repair work undertaken on each item of plant.
* Responsible for constructing an annual expenditure budget consistent with these responsibilities, submitting this to the Directors for approval prior to the beginning of each financial year.
* To be trained in the compliance with Legionella monitoring and to carry out such duties
* Maintain the T-card system and ensure stock of all relevant supplies.
* Must meet production schedule targets and all other KPI's relevant to the role and department
* Attending daily production meetings with the Production Manager.
* Responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient use and control of machinery, tooling, equipment.
* Supervision and mentoring of apprentices
Maintenance Engineer - Person Specification
* Ideally apprentice trained, with relevant C&G/NVQ engineering qualification
* Commercial experience as a maintenance engineer in a manufacturing environment, with a sound knowledge of hydraulics
* Candidates, in addition the above, that have experience of injection moulding machines / hydraulic horizontal presses are very much encouraged to apply
* Be flexible to changing demands of the post
* Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy
* Willing to undertake any training relevant to the role
* Ability to manage time effectively
* Initiative and the ability to work without supervision, but as part of a team.
* Ideally worked with Diecast machines but not essential
Mon - Fri Days (flexible hours on negotiation)
Our client believes passionately in supporting their employees with their professional development and provides accredited training programmes to improve their technical/engineering skill sets and also management training for career progression. Private Healthcare, Cycle to work scheme, Company pension.
Maintenance Engineer suitable previous job titles: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Supervisor, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Hydraulic Engineer, Hydraulic Technician, Maintenance Manager, Service Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Please apply ASAP