Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Our client is developing into a leading player within its sector in branded and own label food, and due to this continued growth, they are now looking to strengthen their team by appointing a Cost Accountant to manage the costing function within the business.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller Director and being heavily involved with the senior management team, you will be fully responsible for managing the costing process across the business. The role is to highlight any factory inefficiencies and to drill down on factory variances. The role will see you taking ownership of the entire business unit and its management reporting, with a focus on factory performance, materials variances, standard costing & BOM's.
Duties will include:
* Reviewing policies and procedures for the plant, specifically in the areas of inventory and costing, reporting this back to senior management for change improvement.
* Cost Accounting across the entire factory
* Scrutinising factory labour rate, labour efficiency, material waste and material price variances
* Put in to place a robust forecasting system in conjunction with the senior leadership team
* Presenting to senior management team the real time data which can then be actioned.
This is an opportunity to further develop your manufacturing accounting skills, develop new processes and relationships. Previous experience working in a Manufacturing organisation is going to be necessary as this business is complex and very fast moving.
Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant with at least 4-5 years post qualification experience ideally in a FMCG, food, distribution or fast paced manufacturing environment with experience of dealing with the major retailers. ERP system knowledge of either Navision or SAP would be distinctly advantageous.
The package includes a generous basic and performance driven bonus, and other benefits.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary details and notice period.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.