Our successful engineering client are looking for a Mechanical Assembler/Calibration Technician based in Redhill. Great company to work for and interesting products/industry.
Responsible for the assembly, repair, calibration and packing of all company products in line with specification.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assembling products as directed and in line with approved drawings.
- Ensuring all products are built to specification and meet the quality standards defined.
- Ability to understand simple wiring diagrams.
- Repairing products in line with company procedures.
- Calibrating products in line with company procedures.
- Packing products in line with company procedures.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Undertaking both internal and external training in line with the company skills matrix requirements.
- Ensuring all equipment and tooling used for the work are fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that the MRP system is accurately updated.
- Provide input into internal audits and contribute to continuous improvement. This to include identifying errors or technical problems that may arise.
- Ensuring that all workspaces are kept tidy and manageable.
- Ability to support other departments on the shop floor when needed.
- Educated to GCSE/NVQ level 2 and above.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Mechanical/Engineering/Production environment.
- Soldering experience – Through hole, basic SMD, wire to wire.
- Pipe bending – Applications using mainly stainless-steel pipe with compression fittings.
- Experience in drilling/tapping of metal work.
- Ability to interpreting technical documentation/drawings.
- Excellent attention to detail and maintain a high standard of work.
- PC literate.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Experience of working in a small to medium sized company.
- Experience working within a regulated industry.
- Experience in operating equipment in machine shop i.e., Lathe, Pillar drills, Bench grinder etc.
- Experience of PCB’s
Key Skills and Competencies
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Proactive, flexible, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Strong team player and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability/confidence to liaise with other departments on the larger projects. Ownership to see the job through.
Salary: £27,000 PA
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Hours: The contract will state the standard hours
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
We are currently working on flexi hours but these are not contractual;
Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm
Friday 7.30am – 1.30pm
Holiday: 22 days + bank holidays
Benefits: Free parking
£5k non contractual KPI/performance related bonus. Qualify after passing 6 month probation.
Pension – 7% on all earnings (4% employee/3% employer)
Probation: 6 months