FINTEC recruit is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for our leading UK manufacturing client based in North Scotland. This is a permanent position, salary negotiable by experience. Relocation assistance is available. You will be part of a multifunctional engineering project team.
* Able to interpret customer specifications to produce practical design solutions to meet design or maintenance requirements for products
* Ensuring designs are correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures, ensures manufacturability of design incorporating engineering change control
* The Mechanical Design engineer will be using computer aided design/modelling software to create drawings
* Ability to present at project reviews , able to write reports providing specifications and drawings
* Liaising with supplies to obtain quotes, ensuring design can be manufactured in a cost effective way
* Check and approve layout and detail drawings
* When appropriate undertake design verification which may include risk analysis, failure analysis, fault tree analysis, design reviews, design calculations to establish a full design verification package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan.
* Practical experience in Solidworks or similar CAD software.
Skills and Experience required for the Mechanical Design Engineering role:
* Degree qualified within engineering, renewables, aerospace, defence, energy or environmental sectors
* Technically minded, able to demonstrate numerical and scientific ability, have problem solving skills
* Demonstrate knowledge of industry standards and design codes
* Knowledge of engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques
* Solidworks or similar CAD software experience
Full details of the Mechanical Design Engineer is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV.