Freelance Mechanical Design Engineer
Strong Group are currently working with an established M&E Building Services specialist in Merseyside who are urgently searching for a capable Mechanical Design Engineer to join them. This is on a short-term, contract basis.
Our client had received drawings and the CAD model from their end user, and urgently require a Mechanical Design Engineer to produce Isometric drawings and calculate pressure drops.
The client is open to someone working largely on a remote basis, but you would need to attend the office to liaise with the team and to work from their system, so you would ideally need to be based in North-West England.
Job Description for a Mechanical Design Engineer:
* working with clients and colleagues to develop a design brief
* produce isometric drawings
* calculate pressure drops
* using mathematical knowledge and skills to design solutions
* researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective
* assessing and testing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
* using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) software to create prototypes
* collecting and analysing data from tests on prototypes
* modifying designs and retesting them
* managing the development process, including tracking progress and costs, and keeping clients informed.
The client has quoted a day rate of circa. £350/day, but the client is very open to this for the right candidate.
Please reach out to Gerard for more details: email@example.com / 020 3967 5020 / 07885 287711