Mechanical Design Engineer (Optical Measurements)
£34,000 to £37,000 DOE + Relocation Package + Generous Company Profit Share (Averages over 1/3 of Salary - OTE up to Approximately £49,000) + 1,000 Company Shares (Current Share Price £4.03 with Options to Purchase More) + Increasing Holidays (From 20 to 26 Days) + Bank Holidays and Christmas Shutdown + Company Pension (Employer 8%, Employee 3%) + Death in Service Benefit (4x Annual Salary) + Income Protection (75% of Salary)
Monday to Friday 37.5 Hours per Week – Flexible Working Hours
Mechanical Design Engineer required for a market leading engineering company who are at the forefront of technology. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an employee owned and focused company who are pioneering within biotechnology and brewing industry markets as they expand their optical measurement systems product portfolio.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer ideally with an understanding of opto-electronic and optical components, including their mounting and alignment.
Working within the company’s growing R&D team, you will be responsible for the design of all mechanical parts for a new range of optical measurement systems, including the support and upgrades of existing products.
The Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
· Creating 2D and 3D designs using SolidWorks of new products and existing
· Working with various departments to take products from concept designs through to final designs for manufacture
· Design and make opto-mechanical assemblies, combining opto-electronics
· Design jigs for assembling and calibrating the probe
· Support testing and validation of products – include prototyping techniques
· Write technical documentation including design specifications, test procedures, assembly procedures etc.
The Mechanical Design Engineer Candidate:
· Experienced mechanical design engineer ideally with knowledge of opto-electronic and optical components, including their mounting and alignment.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes