Strong Group are currently working with an established M&E specialist based in Leicestershire who are actively searching for a capable Mechanical Estimator from a Building Services background to join them on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years in a similar role.
Projects are in various sectors, with values up to £2m.
The Mechanical Estimator will be joining an established £10M turnover business, with a strong order book and good cash reserves.
The right Mechanical Estimator will be given the opportunity to work on a hybrid basis.
Job Description for a Mechanical Estimator:
* Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders
* Prepare Supplier and Sub-contractor enquiries
* Produce bills of quantities, schedules of work and contractors proposal documents to support bids
* Assess material, labour and plant requirements in compilation of the tender
* Produce breakdowns, substantiation and undertake value engineering processes to meet client budgetary requirements
* Liaise with Architects, Engineers, Sub-contractors, Suppliers and the Client to establish the project specification, preliminary requirements, risk provision and exclusions
* Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary
* Ensure all contract documentation is representative of offer and reports, cost data and supporting information is accurate and made available at the appropriate time
* Maintain records and filing of information relating to submitted tenders
* Following up on submitted tenders/quotations
* Review unsuccessful bids, client and operational feedback on contracts delivered to improve accuracy of future tenders. Carry out handover meetings for successful bids
Person Specification for a Mechanical Estimator:
* Proactive, professional and approachable, lead by example
* Thorough and efficient Wide supplier and subcontractor knowledge
* Understanding of associated mechanical services
* Commercial acumen to ensure tenders are financially sound
* Flexible and dedicated in approach to deadlines
* Computer literate with experience of Ensyne software
* Issuing/updating tender documents via an electronic control system
* Willing and able to work as part of a team with personal skills to promote good relationships and a friendly working environment
* Ensuring quality standards are maintained in accordance with Company QA policies
* Working in an integrated team
Salary has been quoted as circa. £50,000 pa + phone + laptop + NEST healthcare
The client has been quick to say that there is flexibility in the salary for an exceptional candidate.
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 3967 5020