£31,069 to £33,117 DOE + Contributory Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Group Life Assurance (4x Salary) + Income Protection + Training and Development + Private Medical Insurance
Monday to Friday 39 Hours per Week – Days Based
Mechanical Fitter required for an industry leading supplier of manufacturing machinery with a reputation of global excellence. This is a great opportunity to join a company who are truly committed to developing their staff. Within this role, you will be based at a brand-new, purpose-built facility and will be joining an expanding team.
Candidates will be an experienced mechanical engineer and will have experience reading and understanding technical, engineering drawings and specifications. Candidates from any industry background are encouraged to apply.
Candidates will ideally be a mechanically biased engineer, hold an apprenticeship or equivalent with a clear understanding of pneumatics and basic electrics.
The successful Mechanical Fitter will work within a team of approximately 10 ensuring that assemblies are manufactured correctly and to schedule.
The Mechanical Fitter Role:
· Fit and assembly machine parts and sub assembly parts using engineering drawings
· Using hand and power tools
· Using pillar drills, deburring tools and grinding wheels
· Using measuring equipment to ensure components are to specification
· Fit pipe, pneumatic and water circuits using copper or plastic pipe work
· Strip and prepare machines for painting and despatch
· On occasion may be asked to support install teams at customer sites
The Mechanical Fitter Candidate:
· Mechanical fitting / assembly background
· Any industry
· Able to read and interpret engineering / technical drawings