Mechanical Project Engineer
Strong Recruitment Group are currently working with an established Mechanical & Electrical Building Services and Maintenance company providing a service in a variety of different sectors.
Our client are looking for an accountable Project Engineer to be responsible for all Mechanical/Electrical engineering and technical disciplines that our projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. Controlling cost budgets, managing labour resources and recovering/bettering margins set by the Directors.
Projects are typically within Hotel, Leisure, Retail and Education & Health Care with HVAC & Electrical installs valuing typically between £100,000 - £2 million.
Job Description for a Mechanical Project Engineer:
* Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
* Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
* Interact daily with clients to interpret their needs and requirements and balance them with our contract's proposal
* Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on project status
* Assign responsibilities and mentor project team/on site installations and sub-contractors
* Cooperate and communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
* Review engineering deliverables and identify appropriate corrective actions ensuring our proposals are both timely and cost effective
* Proven working experience as a Mechanical/Electrical project engineer
* Excellent knowledge of design and visualisation software such as AutoCAD
* Advanced MS Office skills
* Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
* Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
* Project management and supervision skills
* Decision making ability and leadership skills
* Current engineer licence
* Time management and organisation skills
* Relevant qualifications for the role of a Mechanical Services Engineer
Salry for this role has been quoted as £45,000 - £55,000 pa
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 3967 5030