Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with a globally respected R&D company that is looking to recruit a Mechanical Technician to their expanding team on a permanent basis.
Mechanical Technician (Mechanical Fitter)
We are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated Mechanical Technician to work as part of the integrated Engineering Services Team, reporting to the Team Leader and responsible for carrying out planned and reactive maintenance to the facility including installation and modification of the facility.
Mechanical Technician - Key responsibilities
* Carry out inspections, maintenance and repairs of the equipment involved with our R&D facility and mechanical services (planned maintenance).
* Responsible for the repair of plant and equipment during breakdown including fault-finding in accordance with supervisory instructions (reactive maintenance).
* Control and monitor integral and essential major plant including 11,000-volt Motor and other large rotating heavy plant.
* Be responsible for the installation of new plant and equipment in accordance with supervisory instructions and share ideas on design and implementation improvements, as appropriate.
* Compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental procedures providing appropriate input into the preparation of and adherence to risk assessments and method statements.
* Compliance with site security procedures
*Member of Emergency Response team
Mechanical Technician - What do we need from you?
* Mechanical Apprenticeship and/or significant demonstrated experience
* Team player, capable of coaching and mentoring less experienced employees as well as supervision of apprentices as required
* Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go that extra mile to meet deadlines/schedules
* Attention to detail in terms of quality of work
* Drive and commitment to improve own skills and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working
* Self-motivated with good communication and can-do attitude to overcome issues that arise
Mechanical Technician - Our Benefits:
This is an exciting permanent opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and highly skilled engineering company, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday on a double day shift pattern from 0630hrs to 2200hrs. In return, we offer a range of benefits including: a competitive salary with shift premium and overtime where applicable; pension scheme; free parking; employee assistance programme; private health insurance and 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing after 5 years' service)
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Mechanical Technician other suitable job titles: Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Please apply ASAP